At CareOne, we recognize that patients with chronic illnesses need specialized medical care that is focused on providing relief, both from the symptoms and the stress of their illness. That’s why we’ve introduced Palliative Care, a specialized medical program for patients administered by a specially-trained team of doctors, nurses and specialists who work alongside your regular physicians to provide an additional layer of support.
The goals of our CareOne Palliative Care Program include:
- Helping patients with serious illnesses understand their diagnoses and treatment options
- Exploring patients’ personal goals and empowering them to have more control over their care
- Providing advanced care planning
- Relieving patients’ symptoms and distress during every stage of their illness
- Offering coping strategies and support for both patients and their loved ones
- Providing hospice care
- Ensuring a better quality of life for both the patient and family
Our comprehensive services include:
- Licensed skilled-nursing center with 24-hour Registered Nursing care
- Board-certifi ed palliative care physician consultants
- ELNEC (End of Life Nursing Education Consortium) certified nursing team.
Our nurse champions have undergone special training and certification for palliative care, hospice and advanced care planning.
- Pain and symptom management
- Respiratory therapy available seven days per week
- Private suites with amenities for family members
- Guest meals and accommodations
- Routine and general inpatient hospice
- Spiritual/religious support
- Private suites (based upon availability)
- Separate entrances and exits for more privacy