CareOne University: Virtual Reality Augmented Rehabilitation
March 27, 2019 5:30pm
March 27, 2019 7:30pm
Wall, NJ 07719
ATTENTION PTs/PTAs, SLPs and OTs/COTAs
Learn the benefits of virtual reality as an additional component to traditional therapy programs
The lecture will be presented by Amy Meyer, PT, MSPT, Accelerated Care Plus
The Virtual Reality Augmented Therapy (VRAT) course discusses the clinical benefits of virtual reality as an adjunctive component to traditional therapy programs in helping address a variety of clinical presentations. The course includes review of literature regarding virtual reality as well as discussion on proposed physiologic impact and benefits to overall exercise volume and intensity through patient immersion in a virtual environment.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the difference between various types of virtual reality systems.
• Appreciate the research demonstrating the clinical efficacy of virtual reality systems.
• Explain the theories why virtual reality can generate outcomes equal to, or superior to, real-world therapy exercises and activities
• Express how to document virtual reality exercises to demonstrate skilled therapy services and patient performance.
• Apply instructed information to a variety of skilled therapy exercises and activities and manipulate system parameters to address different clinical presentations.
Earn 2 CEU credits
Contact Danielle Manis: firstname.lastname@example.org FAX 908.378.7867