CareOne at Jackson Named Quality Respiratory Care Provider
CareOne at Jackson has been named a quality respiratory care provider under a new program aimed at making sure residents in long-term care facilities have access to respiratory care services provided by qualified respiratory therapists. The American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) started the Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) program in 2003 to help consumers make informed choices about their health care. Skilled nursing facilities enrolled in the program, including CareOne, agree to ensure patient safety by adhering to a strict set of criteria governing their respiratory care services.
CareOne’s respiratory care services include:
• Respiratory therapist on staff 24 hours
• Evaluation and management of various lung and cardiovascular diseases
• Active participation in the interdisciplinary treatment care plan
• Therapies such as Non-Invasive Open Ventilation (NIOV) and high humidity therapy (AIRVO)
• Participation in end-of-life care
• Actively involved in discharge process to ensure continuity of care from facility to home
• Personalized treatment plans for many diagnoses such as COPD, CHF, Sleep Apnea, and Pneumonia
• Dramatically decreased hospital readmission rate as majority of respiratory issues are treated in-house
• In-service education provided to clinical team members and new employees
For more information about CareOne at Jackson’s respiratory services, please call (732) 367-6600.