The Mother’s Day Balancing Act: Celebrating When Mom Is In A Senior Care Center Or Assisted Living
When you’re the Supermom who brings new meaning to the term work-life balance, every day means juggling work, family, and taking care of your own parents. Mother’s Day is no exception – it’s a day for your family to celebrate you, but also a day for you to spend with your mom and make her feel special. How can you achieve that balance when mom is in a senior care center or assisted living facility? Bring the celebration to her using our top 5 tips:
- Join mom for a fun activity at her senior care center or assisted living facility. CareOne centers offer Mother’s Day Luncheons and events to celebrate all of our wonderful moms and their families. It’s the perfect way to spend the day with both mom and your family.
- Keep your kids busy by taking along some arts and crafts supplies so they can make Mother’s Day cards for you and your mom.
- Create a scrapbook filled with photos and memories of you and your mom so the two of you can reminisce together.
- Bake a batch of mom’s favorite cookies for her to enjoy and share with friends.
- Bring mom flowers or framed family photos to decorate her room.
Click here to view a list of our centers for more information on their Mother’s Day events.