Seeing Is Believing: Why You Should Visit A Rehabilitation Center Prior To Hospital Discharge
At CareOne, we encourage you to schedule a pre-admission tour prior to selecting a Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (also known as sub-acute care), so that you have all of the necessary information to make the best informed decision. If you are responsible for choosing a rehabilitation or Long Term Care Center for your family member, the benefits of a site visit are extremely valuable.
Benefits of your pre-admission visit to our centers include:
- Meet key clinical care staff, including physical, occupational, and speech therapists, our nursing team, dietician, discharge planner, social worker, and administrative team who will oversee your loved one’s care plan.
- Tour the rehabilitation patient unit and therapy gym, including patient rooms. Based upon availability, you may also have the opportunity to select the exact room your loved one will be staying in.
- Speak to our clinicians one-on-one and discuss your personal questions, including how long rehabilitation will take, the general course of clinical treatment, and answers to questions about the clinical services we offer.
- Learn more about Medicare and other insurance coverage-related issues so you have a comprehensive understanding of the financial aspects of rehabilitation.
- Talk to current patients and family members and discuss their experience and satisfaction at our center.
- Understand the transition process from the hospital to rehabilitation to home. Learn about what is involved, what is covered under insurance, and how the CareOne staff will assist you and your family member every step of the way.
Our centers are open for tours seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Click here to find a center in your community and schedule your tour.