‘Dynamic Duo’ Leads CareOne at Evesham Transformation
The pair that spearheaded the transformation of CareOne at Moorestown into one of New Jersey’s most highly-rated rehabilitation and assisted living facilities is in the midst of enhancing the patient experience at the Evesham campus in Marlton.
Jennifer Levy, administrator, and Monica Wallace, clinical services, previously worked alongside one another for seven years to elevate CareOne at Moorestown to a Five Star Rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. “Jennifer and Monica have tremendous synergy, and that has translated into real results for the CareOne community,” says Tim Hodges, CareOne’s chief strategy officer. “With this dynamic duo at the helm, I have no doubt they’ll duplicate that success at the Evesham facility.”
Levy has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare field and grew up in her family’s nursing home business; Wallace is a CareOne veteran with more than 14 years of experience in multiple roles throughout the CareOne community, serving as supervisor, facility educator, director of nursing and clinical services consultant, at various times.
When the two paired up at CareOne at Moorestown, they spearheaded the development of a post acute care unit within the skilled nursing unit that now serves as a model for heart failure programs across all CareOne facilities. In addition, they:
- Decreased the employee turnover rate in all departments
- Improved overall quality: CareOne at Moorestown achieved Advanced Standing status from the New Jersey Department of Health; a Five Star Rating from the Centers for Medicare Services; and the designation of Best Nursing Home from U.S. News & World Report
- Dramatically increased employee satisfaction across the board
“Jennifer and Monica truly transformed CareOne at Moorestown into a premier building where patients want to go and employees want to work,” Hodges says. “Now they’re bringing that same success formula to Evesham.”
Residents and employees at CareOne at Evesham, which offers both sub-acute rehabilitation and long-term care services (including a secure Memory Care Unit) in a nurturing, home-like environment, have already gotten a glimpse of the changes that are on the horizon. The campus recently underwent a complete renovation which included the addition of a beautiful outdoor patio with a scenic water feature where residents can enjoy nature or listen to their favorite music.
In addition, CareOne at Evesham boasts state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment like the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill, which helps patients more quickly overcome injury and regain mobility. And the center has a strong return-to-home ratio for patients who undergo rehabilitation.
Building on the facility’s existing strengths, Levy and Wallace are focusing their expertise to elevate the patient experience at all levels by working to:
- Develop a world-class team to improve patient care and outcomes
- Further modernize the Evesham campus by renovating all patient rooms
- Improve clinical education for all staff by adding an on-site educator, a new wound care training program and other key training initiatives
- Decrease employee turnover and increase employee satisfaction rates in all departments
- Increase patient engagement with new programming
“With our new team in place and our strong community partners, we’re ready to take CareOne at Evesham to the next level,” Levy says. “We know where we need to go, and we know exactly what we need to do to get there.”
“We’re incredibly excited for the next chapter at CareOne at Evesham,” adds Hodges. “Once again, CareOne is setting a new standard for patient care in our region.”
For more information on CareOne at Evesham or to schedule a tour, contact the Admissions Office at 856-396-0005.