CareOne At Madison Avenue Partners With Goldberg Law Group To Present An Educational Forum For Seniors And Their Families
CareOne at Madison Avenue recently partnered with the Goldberg Law Group to present a community wide educational forum focused on providing seniors and their families with information on a variety of relevant topics, including Living Wills, Guardianship, Power of Attorney, Medicaid and more.
The presentation highlighted the following common mistakes both individuals and their families make as they age and provided strategies for avoiding these mistakes:
- They deny there is an issue and hope it will go away.
- They give their house, or other assets, to one child to split amongst all of their children.
- They assume Medicare will pay for their long-term care.
- They assume they will die in their sleep and neglect to sign a Power of Attorney.
- They assume that Medicaid is only for the poor.
- They assume that someone will step in when they run out of money.
- They add one child’s name to their checking accounts even though they love all of their children equally.
- They neglect to secure Veterans Benefits when they initially need them.
- They fail to seek professional advice before they are in crisis.
To learn more about how you can avoid these common mistakes, please contact Eric Goldberg at (973) 228-1795 or visit www.goldbergplanning.com.
To find out more about CareOne at Madison’s upcoming events or to schedule a tour of our building, please call (973) 656-2700 or visit us online at http://care-one.com/locations/careone-at-madison-avenue/.